10 good reasons to visit Vals du Dauphiné
Located 45 minutes from Lyon and Grenoble and 20 minutes from Chambéry, Vals du Dauphiné is the perfect base camp for exploring the area, just a stone’s throw from the Alpine lakes of Aiguebelette and Paladru.
This hilly, pleasant and welcoming area is a region of agricultural traditions and well-established values.
During a visit to Vals du Dauphiné, you can :
- Admire the mountains in panorama, postcard style,
- Dance and vibrate to the sound of major pop/rock festivals or experience the history of France with a sound and light,
- Breathe deeply on 500km of marked trails to explore: on foot, on horseback, by mountain bike or by electric bicycle and on 3 orientation routes,
- Discover living museums where young and old alike can learn about Gallo-Roman history or the daily life of weavers while having fun,
- Marvel at the many castles, fortified houses and typical adobe architecture,
- Explore the still wild Rhône and Guiers rivers by canoe or paddle,
- Slip into the warm or fresh waters of the lakes of Romagnieu, Paladru, Aiguebelette,
- Take the mythical Way of Compostela and enrich yourself with encounters and new energy,
- Cycling, strolling or rollerblading along the Via Rhôna, a safe cycle route with magnificent landscapes,
- Have a good time with the children at the Domaine des Fauves or the castle of Virieu, play Sherlock Holmes and become an investigator by playing Intri’Guiers , Explor Games® : Adventures of the Vals du Dauphiné between forests and viewpoints or Rando’Jeu®.